Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Insuring 23 year old on classic policy

Options
  • 05-04-2023 10:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23,261 ✭✭✭✭

I've an old Audi TT that I want to put on classic policy.

It's been declared off the road since 2019. I've nct booked but can seem to find a company who will put it on cover prior to nct being in place.

I plan to drive it to nct as opposed to having to trailer it as that might cost as much as a years insurance.

Anyone know the best company for the likes of that.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭newmember2

Can't see any insurance company wanting to insure a deathtrap.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,058 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Had the same issue with my 20 year old golf. Cover in a click would, after Fbd and axa said no even after I filled out all their forms.

Was the tax straight forward?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,254 ✭✭✭kdevitt

First problem you have is a lot of companies have shifted to cars needing to be 25 years of age. First Ireland are quoting on my brothers 20 year old E46 - but they've clamped down massively on the policy. Needs to provide a NCT cert and a live NCB from his main policy before its covered - they barely asked for the reg number a few years back!

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭conor2469

Have you tried Campions? They insure classic cars that are 20 years or over. I have two classics insured with them, and they never asked about NCT status on either of them. They are also very reasonable money wise.

Advertisement