Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Community welfare office

Options
  • 05-04-2023 7:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Ok this is my first time posting here so apologies if it's not correct, also my grammar will be terrible.

Basically I was let go from my job two weeks ago , I applied for jobseekers Benefit and was approved today but I won't be paid until the 12th .

The problem is I am broke , I've been trying to get through to the community welfare office today and I was on hold for Atleast an hour and then my credit ran out. I haven't been on social welfare in Atleast 11 years so I'm a bit lost when I was on It before I could just walk in to the cwo and see someone now it all seems to be appointment based and I can't make an appointment. Can anyone advise on what I can actually do to get an appointment because it's kind of an emergency at this stage thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,642 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

You should go down in person to your local Community Welfare Office in your nearest Social Welfare office.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Ijustdontknowanymore

I am going to do that tomorrow but I was told last week that all applications for swa are being sent from Portlaoise which would be my local office to newbridge to be dealt with so I don't even know if I'll be able to see anyone if I do go in.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,437 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

If you're waiting for supplemenary welfare allowance to be processed it might be worth contacting the nearest branch of SVP. https://www.svp.ie/get-help/

Advertisement