Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swimming in D15

Options
  • 04-04-2023 4:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,536 ✭✭✭✭

Where do you go in swimming in D15?

I want to pick it back up. Haven't been to any in a while.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

Not too many options given the population in the area so they're either expensive or crowded or both. Wife was a member in Ben Dunne, Blanch a few years ago but they've got rid of the pool during covid so haven't been back.

Places I'm aware of which might assist, to advise I haven't swam in any of them so no personal experience.

Coolmine Sports, webpage shows pool membership for €200

Castleknock Hotel, website shows pool membership for €595

West Wood, Westmanstown, membership is apparently a state secret, website only shows "from 1.93 a day". I was a member in West Wood, Clontarf for years and that was expensive back then

National Aquatic Centre, website shows pool membership for €372

• Registered Users Posts: 23,816 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

I go less frequently than I'd like and I wouldn't bother with annual membership, because in the summer I sea swim three or four times a week.

When I do go, its to the NAC on a PAYG basis. The swim only annual membership at just over a quid a day is very decent value these days, if you make good use of it. And of course its one of the finest facilities in the Country.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,536 ✭✭✭✭Flinty997

I was checking for a family package and for that Coolmine was the cheapest by a long way then NAC then Westwood.

I'll probably do the payg between Coolmine and NAC for a while see how it goes. Bit bored of Coolmine and it's really showing it's age, new paint aside. Best bang for buck though. Traffic makes NAC a pain. Best facilities obviously. Westwood seems expensive for swim only.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,829 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Check out Aura leisure Navan Road

• Registered Users Posts: 12,215 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Westmanstown currently has a four day free trial. Good pool. Might be worth a try if you live close.

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,829 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

If you want to swim lengths, don’t bother with Castleknock hotel.

Aura is quite good, NAC is excellent but they jig the pools around a bit they have so much going on you might not always be allowed in

ben Dunne was very good but haven’t been in years

• Registered Users Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

Ben Dunne no longer has a pool for past couple of years since Covid.

How much is Westwood in Westmanstown? Can't stand all these Irish sites that advertise everything except the most important aspect, price. Do you get a discount if you know the secret handshake etc.

Never been to Aura, it was closed for years undergoing refurbishment. If going that far away though Inspire Fitness near the school for the deaf have nice facilities. Wife was a member there for a few years when we lived local.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭rameire

Used coolmine a couple of times.

It has a feeling of a local pool for local people only. People staring at the new flesh.

Have contemplated Ballymun, has a nice pool, area for small ones, parking underground and is very well priced.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

Advertisement