Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dry skin around eyes

Options
  • 04-04-2023 11:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭

I'm waiting on an appointment with my GP to discuss this but thought I'd see if anyone here has any experience with this. Since December the skin on my eyelids and around my eyes in general has become irritated, flakey and cracked. Extremely dry. Nothing had changed in my skincare routine (face wash, vitamin c serum, spf) so I just assumed it was a seasonal reaction. I've since tried Avene's Soothing Eye Contour Cream, The Ordinary's Squalene and CeraVe's Reparative Eye Cream and none seem to have completely dealt with it. I've now stopped using everything to see if I've developed a sudden allergy to something in my routine. That's just so far made them worse. I'll give it another day or so just to confirm but has anyone got any other ideas I could try?

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,001 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

I hope this has cleared up for you by now but I was having a similar issue and happened to have an optician's appointment around the same time She noticed my flaky red eyelids and recommended Blepha gel which they sold there. It definitely helped clear things up. I have rosacea and apparently this is part of it (at least for me). The Blepha is for irritated skin around the eyes not limited to rosacea.

I ran out and bought the wipes in Boots but they are not half as good, will be getting the gel again when I can. You can use it twice per day, it will clean any sleep, make up, dry skin off your eyelids gently.

This is it here:

https://www.boots.ie/blephagel-eyelid-cleansing-gel-30g-10153630

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Thanks Miamee, I actually think the problem was the vitamin C serum I was using. I stopped using it to test it out and it has cleared up the issue. I wasn't putting the serum around my eyes anyway but it seemed to be irritating the skin there regardless.

But my husband uses Blephasol cleanser recommended by his optician so I'll give that a go if the problem re-occurs.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭rosmoke

Have been dealing with dry skin around the nose and eyelids for many many years, it started when I moved to Ireland.

Have tried many things, at some point a specific 30 spf Olay cream worked but I can't find that exact cream any more.

Sometimes eating fish helps, lately I've been trying a cream from Amazon and it got rid of it in 3 days, I use it every 1-2 days.

I believe that I have seborrheic dermatitis, Sebclair cream worked for me.

Advertisement