Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cachaca

Options
  • 03-04-2023 9:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭

Hi all, Can anyone tell me where to get reasonably priced cachaca in Ireland? I'm looking to get a good few bottles to make caperinha cocktails for a party?

There are not that many places selling it. Even online or from a reputable online EU company please if anyone has any recommendations.

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,049 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I am interested in knowing this as well. I love Caipirinhas so would love to make a few some time.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 l14masasddadsg

Not sure where you're based, but matsons in cork had bottles of it recently.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,787 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭homer1982

I found an online shop in Portugal called Fernando's Wines. I'm trying to get a few reviews from trust pilot and Google before I decide to make an order. It looks like I could get 5 one litre bottles delivered for €107 where as a 70cl bottle here is minimum of €28.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,787 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

You risk having them seized by customs if ordering from abroad, though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭homer1982

Never thought about customs, Thanks.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 3,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭Black Sheep

I have a few bottles of cachaca from Brazil and the way I've gotten them is via friends returning from that country. I don't know if you know any Brazilians, but it might be worth asking them to see if they know of anyone who can get you any, or if there are any Brazilians selling it to other Brazilians in Ireland on some of their Facebook Groups.

This isn't as odd as it sounds, because there's a rum delivery service aimed at Venezuelans in Ireland, called Boderum, that basically keep getting Cacique and Santa Teresa and selling it to the community here at competitive prices. Wouldn't be surprised if the Brazilian community have something similar, I'd be surprised if they're paying Irish retail prices.

Advertisement