Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good idea? Lidl (Parkside) 20V Cordless Rain Barrel Pump.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭RainInSummer

That is great in fairness. Would work well for my set up.

Not seeing it in their brochure though. They have a 40v model there for €99.

Neither were in the shop when I looked on earlier today.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,522 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

They came in on the 30th March. Still plenty in my local branch. There seem to be two batches of Green Parkside power tools in stock atm if you don't see them in the first block look for another.

Seems an ideal solution for anyone with 2 or more water butts.

Wake me up when it's all over.

Oh I scoured the shop three times and asked. Probably got very few in and they sold out or just didn't get them in at all. Happens with my branch sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭Alkers

We got one of these in D12 last week, setup the other day.

There's serious power out of it in fairness, well powerful enough to run a hose out of a water but.

Yet to see how well the battery lasts, I have a few of the 2ah batteries but might need to get a 4ah one for this.

Was looking for a hardwired one for a few months but didn't see anything suitable for watering as opposed to for emptying a barrel but the battery is neat enough anyway.

There was a good few of these in Lidl walkinstown yesterday

• Advertisement

I also noticed they had a 40V (takes 2 20V batteries) surface pump in Lidl.

I ended up getting that as the three Lidl's I went to hadn't got the 20V one. Bit more farting about in terms of connectors and hoses but it'll do.

You should have asked I'm sure someone would have got one for you?

I did, three times. Either not got them in the first place or they sold out.

What I meant you should have asked someone to buy one for you and for you to pick it up from them. They still have them in the branch in Dungarvan but probably too far away and too late anyway.

• Advertisement

Ah right. Yeah it's a bit of a stretch, but sher if the 40v one isn't up to snuff the batteries and charger will come in handy for something.

Thanks.

I have a pump fetish, live by a river and water the garden by pump. So have 5 from submersible to 2inch petrol. It took a lot of self control to avoid that exact same logic.

Ah you don't need to justify things logically. Sometimes 'I feel like it' is reason enough.

They arrived in yesterday to my local Lidl.

Not all stores are created equal it would appear.

The 4Ah batteries and dual charger I picked up to go with the pumps are really poor quality compared to the Makita stuff I typically use. That said they're less than half the price.

Hadn't found that, I have the jigsaw and impact driver that use that same.battery and both are robust and good quality, excellent value for what they cost.

I've a couple of the 2ah batteries with a chargers and no issues after several years

Advertisement