Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How good is Newtown Wood at Drogheda?

Options
  • 03-04-2023 1:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi,

I visited the show homes for Newtown Wood last week. The planning looks great. But I wanted to know how good is Drogheda?

Commute:

I'll be working from home whereas my wife has to travel to Blanchardstown Corporate Park for the work. As of now it's 2 day per week commute. It can change in future. Will it be a hassle in the longer-run?

Safety:

When I had a quick lookup on the town, the top results were regarding the gang feud. Is it still a thing? How safe is Drogheda? Is it good place to raise the kids?

Public Services - Schools, Hospitals

Are the schools good? Can we get to register with the GP? Or is it full and might have a great trouble in meeting one in case of emergencies?

Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,879 ✭✭✭gipi

Commuting across Drogheda (especially at school times) can be difficult at rush hour, that may get better when the Northern Cross Route opens.

Like most places, getting a GP can be hard as most clinics are full and not accepting new patients.

I'm not familiar with school numbers, but there are a lot of children in the area.

The feud created headlines, but it's largely died down - I have never seen any problems in that regard. Drogheda is as safe as any other large town, yes there can be problems, but we're not locked behind our doors.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

I live close to where you are thinking of buying and work closely to your wifes location.

I WFH most of time , but getting to/from Ballycoolin area via Duleek/N2 can be very challenging with traffic, Kilmoon cross area etc.

I end up going backroads to get there, can be sticky enough during the winter, I start early and finish early to reduce the burden of traffic somewhat.

Going up the M1 to get to Dublin in the mornings can be complete carnage with massive delays.

Drogheda traffic getting over to the North side of town can be a right pain in the proverbials in the evening time too ( and indeed most of the day now )

Advertisement