Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No thank you cards

Options
  • 03-04-2023 9:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I attended a wedding a few years ago which was very grandiose. I was just reflecting on the friendship and that we never received a thank you card having given a significant present (plus reflecting on other aspects of the friendship). The couple subsequently attended a significant birthday of mine and came empty handed and didn't appear to want to be there, despite us giving a present at both of their equivalent birthdays prior to the wedding.

Am I reading into this too much or am I the one making all the effort in this friendship?

Its not about the money as friendships are not a transaction but it's the principle.

Are no thank you cards a thing now? I think it lacks class.

Advertisement