Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sunny Beach Bulgaria

Options
  • 02-04-2023 4:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭

I've been trying to get a sun holiday in a resort for 2 adults and 4 kids for a price that isn't outside our budget. I've tried Spain, Portugal and now looking at Bulgaria.

I've got flights and a hotel with B and B within our budget but just not sure what Sunny Beach is like. Is it tacky like a magaluf with loads of British party goers or is it anyway different? I've nothing against Magaluf or partying, I'm just too old for it now.

Any advice re Sunny Beach is appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭connected1

Hello, I would recommend to look at resorts just outside of Sunny Beach - Ravda, Nessebar, Sveti Vlas - use Google maps to give you an idea. I know a lot of Bulgarian people and they avoid the Sunny Beach strip. But there's lots of nice places very close by. Enjoy your holiday!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭walterking

Try Morocco too - esp Agadir which is a very modern resort that targets Europeans

Package holidays by a travel agent may be better value than DIY and loads of child friendly hotels on the beach.

Very safe too

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Anaki r2d2

I was in sunny Beach a few times but long ago. 2005 and 2007. Back then it was pretty good. Decent choice of bars restaurants. The beach is pleasent and very long. I would not venture down there late at night tho.

We enjoyed it. Also enjoyed the local markets for food shopping.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,421 ✭✭✭finbarrk

We went there a few times with the kids when they were young. It was fine. Good value restaurants, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Dats_rite

Thanks folks.

Took the advice above and booked Sveti Las so outside Sunny Beach but not too far away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭janedoe007

Has anyone been to Sunny Beach in late september or early october ? Just wondering would many restaurants etc be open

• Registered Users Posts: 13 gdforan

For more info go onto Tripadvisor and use search option for Sunny Beach forum. Lots of info re restaurants etc and like here you can ask questions if you sign up. Have a great holiday😊

• Registered Users Posts: 10,297 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Was in Sunny Beach a few years back..

Great spot. Lots of russian 'wealthy' holiday makers.

Lots of cheap jerseys etc there.

Saw a man with a brown bear on a chain walking along the strip for people to get photos taken !!

Nessebar was beautiful.

Also that little train that takes you down around to the port/harbour(?) was deadly , as in dangerous.

Was fish tailing as the train drove along !!!!!

Great holiday there...

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

Advertisement