Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barn Elms, Churchtown - Dublin

Options
  • 01-04-2023 10:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Hi all, I wanted to open this thread to ask whether anyone has any useful insights on the estate and the area?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Count Dracula

Beats The Townships if you have the money I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 sharkufc

Thanks! By township you mean dense areas like in other estates (Cherrywood and the likes) or something else?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Tow

What sort of info do your want? The area a good, once you overlook some parts of Nutgrove.

But over a million for a flat!

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

yeah was looking for any red flag I should be aware of?😂

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭J_1980

I think that’s the houses, which seem to be sold out.

flats start 535k

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭xper

“Barn Elms” ffs. Developers are just using random word generators now, aren’t they

None come to mind, but I am sure the locals don't use the word 'estate' when describing the area :-).

Estate = Development

Flat = Apartment

Builder = Developer

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,970 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

1M for a terraced house

But think of the facilities. Doing your weekly shopping in Tracy's and buying your cars from Gus and lunch from Howard.

As in undesirable, overpriced, hyped up, kips....

Think west dublin on a winters evening where the locals loot Lidl with the aid of a JCB.

• Advertisement

To put this in perspective.

There was a famous Cul De Sac finished in 2008 in essentially the same area. Gated Cul De Sac, well built and well finished with back gardens onto the Castle golf Club. I think they were all 5 beds +. in fairness they were lovely houses in a nice discreet and private location.

Some were purchased off the plans for 2.9 million..... oh dear.

Beginning to see some real overpriced non sensical offers in Dublin at the moment. Agents talking up certain areas, nothing wrong at all with Churchtown btw, but a million quid for a terrace is gobshight stuff, all around.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭MacronvFrugals

1mil for a terraced house in Churchtown! LOL that really is talking up an area to the moon, its Churhtown ffs.

Given current build costs €1mm is bot that ridiculous. These are 200sqm homes.

these houses are identical to the ones on the former Dun Laoghaire golf course. Selling for similar prices nowadays.

thanks for your comments folks. Yes prices are not low but I guess you pay the size of the houses and the location. That's why I wanted to ask for your opinion on the area..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,196 ✭✭✭Augme

The area is safe enough. You won't have people joyriding outside your house every weekend.

Looks like it’s sold out.

that’s the “property slowdown” everyone is mentioning here….

• Registered Users Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭The Spider

In 2012 3 bed semi’s in Churchtown we’re going for between 320 and 345

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭garbanzo

Hey xper

I live near enough to the development. I have a profound hatred for the way city and county councils have allowed idiotic names to be given to estates in this country over many years. However, the name ‘Barn Elms’ comes from the name of the little cottage at the front of the development which is probably 70 + years old. The mother of the developers used to live in there.

There is a Whitebarn Road nearby too. I think the ‘barn’ itself was located on the site of what are now the playing fields in De La Salle school. You can see the outline of it there from 19th century OSI maps.

As I said earlier, I live nearby. I wouldn’t chose to live anywhere else. A great area.

g

Post edited by garbanzo on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭xper

Interesting. I stand (not so far away) corrected in this case. Still hate the name!🙂

Advertisement