Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Outside lights

Options
  • 31-03-2023 9:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,971 ✭✭✭

Hi I built a new house in 2020. At the time I did alot of work in making sure I had all the electrical and wiring covered with having enough sockets switches cat 6 etc. However, one thing I never sorted was outside lighting for the house itself. Very basic but I never thought of it at the time strangely enough. I have outside cables for the garden lights gates and patio lights out but I never put lights or wiring off the fascia / soffix of the house to install outside roof Lights. We could do with adding lights up high near the roof for the house to light up the yard and around the house. The house is a traditional 2 storey house.

Question I have is, how will an electrician fit flood /yard lights now in that position? Where does an electrician start and figure out how to power these lights and have switch etc. What wiring can the electrician use to get power to these lights?

Any electricians on here might be able to help me how to sort. I don't want to be chasing walls to put in a light switch for this if at all possible. Even if I could switch the outside lights on upstairs off another light switch in place would be fine as I be able to switch them off going to bed.

Thanks

Comments

Advertisement