Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Turn around time on a substitution licence

Options
  • 31-03-2023 4:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

Hi lads just a quick one . What sort of time is a substitution licence processing time take. Going mad to get back out

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,031 ✭✭✭clivej

Less than 2 weeks for mine

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 1,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭otmmyboy2

Supposedly meant to be prioritised and done within 2 weeks.

Mine took a little over a month(which for my district is positively the speed of light).

Never forget, the end goal is zero firearms of any type.

S.I. No. 187/1972 - Firearms (Temporary Custody) Order - Firearms seized

S.I. No. 21/2008 - Firearms (Restricted Firearms and Ammunition) Order 2008 - Firearm types restricted

Criminal Justice (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 2009 - Firearms banned & grandfathered

S.I. No. 420/2019 - Magazine ban, ammo storage & transport restricted

Criminal Justice (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 2023 - 2023 Firearm Ban (retroactive to 8 years prior)

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Paddyviking

1 week for mine

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭Scalachi

My last one took under 2 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭GolfVI

8 months for my last one :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 6.5x55 seller ammo

9 weeks for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭JP22

16 days for last one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭alanmc

Not a sub, but a renewal. Got my grant letter within a few weeks of submission (which was the day after I got it). Paid the day I got my grant letter. Still waiting for my printed license though. License is out end of this month. Getting a bit ansey.

Do we know what the actual problem with the license printing crowd is? I think I'm going to have to ring them again. I had to do this for all my licenses after I moved house 6 months ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 mark42

Cheer all . going on a month now hopefully a week or two more it will come in the post

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭pab1997

4 weeks as of now , kerry .. would have thought a week or two max

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Uinseann_16

Currently waiting 7 months. Lots of nonsense questions etc

22 hornet to 223...

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭dalalada

wow. What are the questions?

Ran into a night vision request issue in the middle of all this shitshow that's been happening

Rescinded that request to speed it up and still nothing back , court next unfortunately

6 1/2 weeks kerry for a like for like 6.5cm heard nothing rang fo and still none the wiser

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭skipking

8 weeks and counting in kildare

rang fo was told she was busy , rang again hour later to be told she was busy but I was “missing” something on the form didn’t tell me what just said she would text or call the same evening .. got nothing

6 weeks of it sitting on the desk and only now have they looked at it and realised something is missing

couldn’t write it

Just got a substitution through after 8 months

• Registered Users Posts: 7,031 ✭✭✭clivej

Fastist was 30 hours from dropping off the form to arriving thru the letter box. 😊

Advertisement