Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommendations for a multple hdmi switch ... and a Wii

Options
  • 30-03-2023 10:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭

Title pretty much says most of what I'm asking; new tv and wanting to tidy up a bit of a rats nest of hdmi cables for a collection of mini consoles. Ideally something with 4 or more hdmi ports on it.

The Wii; I was using the composite/scart/hdmi adapter that came with it since the old tv accepted that odd not-quite-HDMI interface, but the new one is HDMI only so recommendations on how to connect a Wii (and not have it look like ass) also greatly appreciated.

Suggestions appreciated folks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,460 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Hey dude - re the Wii, are you clued in on modern scaler devices at all?

It might be expensive for just one console (I run all my consoles through one) but if you can invest a few quid, the Retrotink 5X is absolutely amazing. It will scale a scart signal to HDMI out and also has lots of PVM and fancy settings to really make your picture look like a big CRT image.

The firmware updates on it are very active if you are into tinkering, always something new to try out.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,824 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'd get some component cables to go with the retrotink as well, the Wii looks shocking in composite.

Pretty much saving up now myself for a retrotink for the same reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Cheers for the recommendation; might be a while before I get the retrotink; gotta save those pennies first. As for the mini consoles which are already outputting to HDMI; any recommendations for switches? or is one switch as good as another switch for hdmi (generally speaking) ?

Advertisement