Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New to smart meter - confused!

Options
  • 30-03-2023 9:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭

Have a smart meter since last November, but only activated it last month. Ive been recording its readings every few days as im trying to figure out how it knows i have a night boost with EI for 2 hours.. to me, it seems it doesnt.. so not sure how EI know what i consume in these 2 hours..

Anyway, i also created an acc with ESN Networks and today im checking the downloadable HDF file...Filtered by March & reading type. then sum the import reading column (assume this is Kwh?).. to my dismay for march it sums to ~700.. but when i check the readings i took manually over the month, ive only used 387...

No that i look again, the numbers on the file are in KW every 30 mins.. so how do i figure out kWh's?

Comments

Advertisement