Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Easiest way to run original Tetris game on 64-bit Win10?

Options
  • 30-03-2023 6:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭

As title says...any advice appreciated. It used to run fine on my copy of Win 10 32-bit but I've bought a refurb machine which has the 64 bit version.

Any easy way to do this? I don't have NTVDM in "Legacy Components"

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

try something like DosBox or VirtualBox ?

looks like it was dropped on 64 bit

• To enable NTVDM: DISM /online /enable-feature /all /featurename:NTVDM
    • To disable NTVDM: DISM /online /disable-feature /featurename:NTVDM

• Registered Users Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭Glaceon

NTVDM was dropped in 64-bit versions of Windows. Is this a DOS or 16-bit Windows game? If DOS then DOSBox as suggested above. If Windows you could try winevdm as an alternative. https://github.com/otya128/winevdm. It's a drop-in replacement and works fairly well but doesn't work with DOS stuff, only 16-bit Windows.

Advertisement