Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How the **** do I replace the cmos battery in a gericom smart power laptop?

Options
  • 30-03-2023 6:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Does anyone have any experience of this model?

I'm not sure of the model, except it has the name 'smart power' and this number on its base: 9260636167

I've remove the:

a: Battery cover

b: Battery

c: Plastic bottom cover

This reveals the righthand side (when turned upside down) of the PCB with the battery area below it.

The lefthand side is covered by a metal plate, I've removed its screws but it wont come off because it has several tiny hollow rivets, some are attached to the outer main frame, and others in the middle seem to be rivetted on devices below, possible heatsinks.

The battery is just visible under the bottom rh corner of this plate, which makes it very precarious to try and replace, as you cant get enough access to push the battery down into its socket!

Anyone have any experience of this model?

Advertisement