Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Previously with CKR, Currently with Other Irish Radio Stations

Options
  • 29-03-2023 11:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,996 ✭✭✭

CKR (Carlow Kildare Radio) was the local radio station for Carlow and Kildare until January 2004. A lot of people passed through that station during its tenure. I think it would be interesting to see who from CKR is still involved with Irish radio, in whatever capacity. My interest in this subject is influenced by the fact that quite a few Dublin voices have gone through CKR and also that it could be picked up in much of Dublin.

Here are examples I came up with.

Dave McGrath – KFM

Clem Ryan - KRM

Tommy Greene – East Coast FM

Keith Shanley – Midlands 103

Will Faulkner – Midlands 103

Phil Cawley – South East Radio and Classic Hits Ireland

Matt Dempsey – Radio Nova

Stephen Keogh – Tipp FM

Alan Swan - RTE

Aisling Bastable - RTE

Tommy McCabe – Tullamore Community Radio

John Troy – Charity Radio.ie

Ronan Devitt – Freedom FM (online station)

Mike O’Brien – Freedom FM

Have you any more examples? I suspect that quite a few more have been with KFM, the current license holder for Kildare, and/or KCLR, the current license holder for Kilkenny and Carlow, whether with them now or with another Irish station since them.

Comments

Advertisement