Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone listing shows picture of earbuds but nothing in description

Options
  • 28-03-2023 10:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭

I am looking at the following phone:

The very first picture shows a phone alongside earbuds. The phone does not come with earbuds by default and there is nothing in the listing description to confirm or deny if earbuds are shipped alongside the phone. Where does this stand in terms of consumer law? If I purchased the phone based on the expectations that it comes with buds but none arrive, am I entitled to any recourse?

Best Answer

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Looks like a listing error and its clear you know this as well,

Why don't you contact them to clarify rather then try and abuse an honest listing error?

Answers

• Registered Users Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭Danger781

Saying I'm trying to abuse an honest error is a bit harsh, but I'll take your point. I'm in the market for buds and a phone so if I can get both on one purchase that would be ideal and would make the above a bargain.

Unfortunately very.ie are extremely difficult to contact. They have no contact methods other than phone. Their social media team know absolutely nothing about listings. They do not have email.

Doesn't answer the question though. Let's assume this is an honest mistake that they somehow made on both the Pixel and Pixel Pro listing. Let's assume I buy either device under the assumption that they come with buds. Where do I stand then?

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭mondeoman72

Assuming is not worth the paper it is written on. It appears you are trying to take advantage.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,881 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

It's obvious that there's no buds in the deal, because if they where included they would be mentioned. You need to dig through their T&Cs to see what they say about imagines.

Your rights are 14 days cooling off, provided that you don't open the box.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Lets not assume, after all you've started the thread in bad faith. You know its an error.

Finding it a little amusing to say they are hard to contact but yet they have a number thats open Monday to Friday 8am - 6pm, Saturday 9am - 4pm. If you think thats hard to contact then god help you if you ever need to contact a tradesperson 😆

Rather then assume anything I'd suggest you contact them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

Em am I missing something. Title says it includes them op.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭Danger781

Thank you. It didn't say that when I posted originally. Seems like a decent bargain now.

Advertisement