Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

April Fools jokes for kids

Options
  • 28-03-2023 2:30pm
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,022 Mod ✭✭✭✭

By chance two of my nephews will be sleeping over at ours at the weekend when it's 1st April and I thought it might be a bit of fun to play a few practical jokes or pranks on them. I can't even remember what sort of stuff we used to do as kids ourselves other than things like tell someone their shoes were untied and then say APRIL FOOLS when they looked. Simpler times 🤣

The boys are only 4 and 5 so nothing too scary or serious. Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,297 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Get them up and get them ready for school!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,022 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Haha that could be a good idea! They're a pair of smartypants though, they'd cop on to that straight away 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 2,747 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

Food colouring in milk and tell them it came from blue cows etc.

Cut their pants into shorts and cut their sleeves in half - tell them they've grown overnight. Works as a way to get out of future babysitting gigs too.

Address one every time the other speaks, and vice versa, or keep calling them by the wrong name. Asking questions and responding to the wrong nephew.

I used to LOOOVE April Fool’s jokes, very popular in my household. When I was a teen I dressed in badly matched clothes as a beggar, having rolled round in clay (my mother was a bit peeved at her clothes getting this treatment), put on an appropriate accent, and called found to neighbours making a nuisance of myself. I managed to gather a few shillings, which I duly returned to said neighbours who were absolutely stunned at the reveal. I’m still awaiting the Oscar.

Another time I used the downstairs phone to ring the upstairs phone where my mother ran her business, and I pretended to be her not-long widowed friend from Birmingham, complete with strong Brum accent. I said I had arrived to hotel from Dublin Airport in a surprise visit paid for by daughter, but hotel said there had been a mix up in the booking and there was nowhere to stay. My mother was up the walls as to how she might put her up, it was fun to hear her squirm u til the reveal.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,486 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Walk in with an envelope and announce you have tickets to take them to Disney land.

* They might not appreciate the joke

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Liath Luachra

Buy the old style pranks - whoppee cushion, fart gas, fake poos. Put joke mice in their beds, insects on their food, monster sounds outside their window. They'll be lovely and traumatised by the time parents collect them 😆 This one does next day delivery

Buy Magic Tricks, Jokes, Cards & Pranks | Joke Shop

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,022 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

OMG they'd absolutely die laughing at a whoopee cushion, that's a great idea!!

You've given me loads of fun ideas here actually, calling them by each others names or having little plastic insects will be fun too. Thanks all!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,849 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

junior used to try get me with Oreos filled with toothpaste... and had to let him

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 23,845 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Get your wife to lay on the kitchen floor and upturn a few chairs around her.

Then empty the knife block nearby and cover the whole setup liberally with sprayed tomato ketchup.

When the boys come down in the morning, they'll think there's been a massacre and that maybe the killer is still in the house!

Make sure to get a sneaky photo of their little faces 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 4,218 ✭✭✭Poochie05

My mother send us to school with a note in our sandwiches instead of filling, saying April Fools. She stocked up on the treats to compensate though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,126 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Tell them they are adopted.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,690 ✭✭✭buried

Tell them Joe Biden just banned the Tik Tok.

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Registered Users Posts: 2,165 ✭✭✭hayrabit

tell them that there's only two genders, OP 😂

Well things have taken a turn on the thread, haven't they? 😳😄

Due to a death in the extended family we might have to postpone the visit (depending on funeral arrangements) but I think a few practical jokes will go down well any time.

Might leave off the kitchen massacre til they're older though 👀

• Registered Users Posts: 7,699 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

A golden opportunity - put a recorded message into the coffin of someone shouting "let me out" - the look on their faces when they open it up and discover it was an April fools prank will be priceless

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Vita nova

Tell them you're going to get them a spaghetti tree so they'll never be short of spaghetti then show them the famous BBC video of the spaghetti harvest on Youtube to make the idea even more believable.

Advertisement