Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to a use Smartzone Alarm already in Purchased House

Options
  • 28-03-2023 12:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

I recently moved in to a house that has Smartzone Alarm installed.

The code was given to me by the vendor.

I've been using its basic on off function.

But I'm not sure how to configure the alarm to my liking - eg change codes and have partguard settings so the dog doesn't set off the internal motion sensors.

The website seems to be all about selling to new customers and I'd rather not sign up to a monitoring contract.

Control seems to be primarily by App (which presumably requires being on contract to use?) rather than the panel.

Are manuals or anything available online for configuring it as an unmonitored system?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭WildCardDoW

You say the app presumably requires a contract, but have you tried it?

I'd imagine you'll need to provide a lot mroe detail about the main panel to get accurate answers though.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 BornSkippy

Yes, the Alarm.com App for the system requires login details.

If you don't have them you're invited to order a device.

There's no option to just create login credentials and pair with an already installed system, that I can see.

Here's photographs of the control panel and the alarm itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭WildCardDoW

If all the items are wired back to that panel instead of wireless you might be able to get someone in to install a new panel (and keypad) to replace it that would then allow some level of control (but that will depend on a lot of factors).

Otherwise it looks like you are right, can't see anyway to get the app going without an account.

Advertisement