Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What works in 2023 for new SaaS/B2B sites?

Options
  • 28-03-2023 10:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

Hi all 🖐️

Me and my group of friends are considering starting a new SaaS/B2B service about streamlining project management and providing better tools to our clients for a simplified day-to-day workflow. We're mostly focusing on companies comprising remote teams as we all got quite the mileage on that front. However, we are not quite there regarding aspects like on-page SEO and all of the behind-the-scenes stuff (link-building, achieving a diversified backlink profile, etc.).

So, any tips there? Is it possible to perform that operation by ourselves (we're 4 at the moment) or should we outsource it (read: spend money for SEO?)

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭noahungry

I think it's better to have one person who is "quite there", you know? The whole SEO package includes a million things, especially if you count in off-page SEO (and I see you intend to). I wouldn't experiment when the stakes are high. Has any of you ever done an SEO audit? 

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭ketchupmessi63

No, none of us has ever been involved in that sort of work and frankly, I have no idea which tools/paid services to use. Or can relying on Google Analytics be enough? And on that note, should we look at the off-page SEO efforts as a "full-time job"? I'm so-so confident that we can pull it off content-wise since we know the usual pain points companies face when scaling; but then again, they need to hear of us first, and preferably - soon :)

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭noahungry

Oh, man, a full-time job for a group of people, I would say! I mean you can have things done for you fast, you'll see a bunch of promises and offers that sound too good to be true. And a bunch of SEO cowboys using link farms and whatnot, and this can only compromise your rankings. A lot is going on as you said behind the scenes, the whole teams work to cover different aspects. To be honest, when I read about the SOPs this one agency has, even I was surprised, and I know a thing or two about link-building. Now, I'm glad you are confident with covering the content because you do need to have this set before starting, works a lot better than if you only have a home page. A blog section would be a good idea, to write exactly about what you mentioned. 

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭ketchupmessi63

Yeah, a blog section is exactly what I had in mind! Thank you a lot for the rest of your pointers as well, will try to implement them right! Cheers!

Advertisement