Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

European holiday - direct flights

Options
  • 27-03-2023 11:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Looking to book a mountain biking holiday from Tuesday Aug 1st to Sun 6th. Current plan is Lake Garda as we've been to that area many times.

I'm wondering if there's better value to be had somewhere like La Palma or other Canary Islands, Slovenia, Poland: anywhere really that has direct flights from Dublin. Need to rent bikes and hoping for better value than Italy.

If anyone has any ideas I'd really appreciate it!

GoHard

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,491 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

Lake Garda is a lovely place for a cycle around the lakes, plenty of trails in the hills around, mostly all hiking trails and no bike park/flow trails..

So what are you asking here? Where's the cheapest place to hire a bike?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭GoHardOrGoHome

Hi Tenzor,

Thanks for replying. My group of friends have gone mountain biking in Lake Garda a couple of times and we're comfortable with the set up and where to rent bikes etc. I was looking for a change of venue but not to go somewhere more expensive than Garda (Torbole). We usually get a shuttle bus up and take our time coming down and getting lunch on the way etc. went to a nearby bikepark one of the days which was great. Also didn't want to go somewhere that we'd melt in August.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,491 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

August anywhere in Southern Europe will be hot hot hot, Canary Island's too....

You may get cooler weather if you go to Hafjell Bike Park in Norway, about a 2hrs drive from Oslo airport..

You may get slightly cooler temps in the Alps as well but again you're looking at a 2 hr drive to get anywhere from the nearest airport to places like Morzine..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,474 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Slovakia. Fly into Kosice and cycle around the high Tatras mountainw

Advertisement