Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tour Championship ITV4 27th March to 2nd April

Options
  • 27-03-2023 11:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,387 ✭✭✭

Monday 27 March14:00QF (19)

Mark Allen [1]v

Ding Junhui [8]

Tuesday 28 March14:00QF (19)

Ali Carter [4]v

Kyren Wilson [5]

Wednesday 29 March14:00QF (19)

Shaun Murphy [2]v

Robert Milkins [7]

Thursday 30 March14:00QF (19)

Mark Selby [3]v

Ryan Day [6]

Proper first to 10 all day matches in this tournament, which is the flagship ITV tournament. Good lead in to the Crucible this.

Some unexpected names in this top 8 such as Milkins, Carter and Ryan Day. Hard to see past Selby or Murphy for the winner. Allen might have gone a little off the boil.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,387 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Not much interest generated in this one yet. But it has 150 grand to the winner, so it'll be competitive over the weekend as that's one of the top prizes on the tour.

Largely going as expected so far, with Mark Allen not maintaining his form from before Christmas.

Ryan Day made a maximum this afternoon, the first in the Tour championship.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

More history for Day,a 139,16 red clearance

Rare event

• Registered Users Posts: 8,272 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Murphy is truly back on top form to scrap thought that semi with Selby. The final frame decider really showed it, he wouldn't have beaten him this time last year.

Yes he is on top form heading into the next month. Possibly favourite for Sheffield along with Selby.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Genghis

Great match last night. Always think Wilson is a weak contender in finals for whatever reason so expecting Murphy to win 10-6 or thereabouts.

In the world's the outcome today puts Murphy either into 4th seed or 7th if loses. I personally would love a Murphy / Ronnie WC final (and the run in to it), but if he wins today he goes into same quarter as Ronnie (QF meeting).

Outcome today also impacts Judd. 4th, 5th and 7th seeds at stake between Wilson, Trump and Murphy.

https://www.snooker.org/res/index.asp?template=35

• Registered Users Posts: 16,007 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Didn't get to watch this afternoon's session as I've been watching the GAA and PL. But will watch this evening. I looked at the score, interesting to see Wilson won the first 4 frames and Murphy won the next 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,272 ✭✭✭AllForIt

The Wilson four frames to nil scoreline did strike me as some sort of anomaly so not surprised Murphy recovered to level it.

On the hotshots I think I'd have that long red from Shaun when tight 9-8 against Milkins.

He had a nice snooker escape earlier as well that got him level at 4-4.

Murphy played well to beat Wilson who had been making centuries for fun.

150 grand pay day and up to World number 4.

So on to the World qualifiers starting 10am in the morning.

• Advertisement
Advertisement