Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The bad economics of replacing a broken tent pole , any repair hacks?

Options
  • 27-03-2023 11:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭

Folks,

Have a few tents that have started to feel their age. Have those fiberglass poles and they have broken off in the ferrule or sleeve or whatever you call it.

Had a local shop that would sell me single poles of various sizes which was great before as it was only a couple of euro a pole. Shop is gone now unfortunately.

Looking online amazon etc the poles come in sets and with postage etc I might as well just get a new tent.

But feels like a shame to toss a good tent because one fiberglass pole is snapped.

I see these sleeves you can get , not sure if they will help me as my breaks are at the point where the pole goes into the receptor on the next pole.

Any hacks to fix?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭phelixoflaherty

https://www.53degreesnorth.ie/products/vango-fibreglass-poles-set-of-5?_pos=1&_sid=627b47a75&_ss=r

Advertisement