Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Standing order dispute

Options
  • 26-03-2023 9:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭

I had a bit of an annoyance with an insurance premium hike, which the company quoted me for and renewed without my approval (they say auto renewal, I specifically discussed it with them on the phone that I was not happy with the quote, they now deny this...) I made a complaint to customer service, was on phone, and the assistant suggested there is no breaking contract fee so I won't be charged if I just don't pay.

Can I see other consequences, like can this end up in CCR? It's a small amount c.500 eur, honestly I'd half let it go if it wasn't for how they mishandled it. It so happens by coincidence really that the bank account I had this on was closed down so ofc they're angry now emailing me asking to update my payment details.

Advertisement