Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fatboyslim needs an advice on how to be more healthier and lose weight.

Options
  • 26-03-2023 2:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭

Hello Dwellers of Boards.ie

I am fat.

I have flat feet.(Jogging, bicycling is not an option)

I live in Dublin.

I eat relatively healthy. Just can't control the amount...

I hate idea of going to the Gym. Closest one is far from where I live, and I did it for years, I got health problems in the gym, which I suffer to this day.

I want to do exercise on my own. I live in rented property where I have access to small yard inside.

Small yard is often wet on the floor. At least in most places it is. It has a few small columns that keep little plastic tool above some space in little garden.

I am willing to buy sport equipment that I can move around from house to house.(If I am to move or to buy my own place)

I am thinking of getting some dumbbells. What else would be good to lose weight?

Can some of you give some good advice's? Some ideas?

Thank you in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,540 ✭✭✭Allinall

Can you swim?

if yes, then that’s a great form of non contact exercise.

I hava a bad back and dodgy knees. Go swimming three times a week and it keeps me somewhat fit and healthy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭Wildly Boaring

You can't out train a bad diet.

(You actually can but it involves hours every day)

Lose weight via calorie control. Only sane way really. Not a crazy diet. Just getting your portions under control.

As regards equipment for about the house/yard/shed

1. Resistance bands

2. Chin up bar

3. TRX suspension trainer

4. Dumbells.

Be my order for buying stuff. Plenty exercises using bodyweight, bands and chin bar. YouTube is great for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭dimko

Thanks for suggestion and its a good one.

I caught fungal infection in swimming pool/gim. I dont want to make it any worse.

I have good diet. plenty of fibre, small carbs, almost no sugar. I just overeat. My biggest concern is not even weight. I just don't want to die prematurely. Hence I need an exercise. Loosing weight and looking good is a bonus.

Can you suggest any brand/store?

TRX looks interesting but no place to mount it. Doors are not option. I am around 120-140 KG. Doors will collapse with me :D

So dumbbells and Resistance Bar seems like something very viable.

• Advertisement

any suggestion about some cover for the ground ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Walking ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭sprucemoose

might sound bizarre but Ring Fit Adventure on the Nintendo Switch might be a good idea if you want something to get you started. its a bit costly if you dont own a switch already but its still probably cheaper than a gym membership and you can do it without leaving your home. a solid hour or so of work on it is a decent workout and its a game so its not incredibly boring

From looks of it i also need: abdominal excercize roller

It doesn't do enough for me + i have flat feet.

I crave more active approach to my problem.

• Advertisement

i ordered stuff, as per recommendations.(dumbells, resistance straps)

Thank you all that suggested here.

Advertisement