Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pension performance

Options
  • 25-03-2023 8:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

I have a small pension that I hadn't made any contributions to for about 10 years. I started contributing 400 euro per month in Feb 2022 and after a year the value is less now than when I restarted it. It had actually grown better the years I made no contributions. Is there anything I can do or just let ot run and see.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭walterking

Markets were down last year. I put a lump sum into a pension every year. 30k on 28th Feb 2022 was worth 27800 on 28th feb this year - and it was in a low risk prisma 2/3 fund (Zurich). The higher risk prisma 4/5 would have seen the balance at about 26k.

But there's 8-10 years before I retire and I'm not concerned and might even move them into higher risk later this year.

There was huge growth (50%) between Feb 2019 & feb 2022 in the s&p 500 which would be the benchmark. But it had to slow down as that rate of growth was unsustainable.

Advertisement