Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wind River The Next Chapter (Sequel)

Options
  • 25-03-2023 5:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 85,125 ✭✭✭✭

Kari Skogland to direct a sequel titled Wind River: The Next Chapter, from a screenplay by Patrick Massett and John Zinman, and starring Martin Sensmeier, Scott Eastwood and Jason Clarke

I enjoyed the original from Taylor Sheridan with Jeremy Renner

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭thefa

First movie was great. Gritty and emotional. The flashback of the incident followed by the shootout is one of my favorite bits of any movie in the last decade. Hope they do it justice.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,874 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Loved the original, but it feels like a movie that stood well by itself without the need for a sequel

Given the different cast I'm guessing it'll be a separate but related story rather than a continuation of the original story

I always find that slightly annoying because it feels like the sequel could just be a different movie but is choosing to ride on the coattails of the original

Also, the sequel is called "the next chapter"? Really, nothing more imaginative? Might as well just call it Wind River 2 and save some space on the posters 😂

I hope it goes well though, it seems to have a solid cast and crew on board so I expect it'll do the original justice

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 85,125 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Gil Birmingham will reprise his role as Martin Hanson

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭santana75

I'll reserve judgement until I see it but I'm wary if Taylor Sheridan isnt writing and directing.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

agreed, first thing I checked when I saw this thread pop up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,867 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

True, follow ups without the talent behind the originals generally tend to disappoint.

Advertisement