Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Installed new electric shower but no water will come out

Options
  • 25-03-2023 2:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

I replaced an old electric shower with a new one in my house.

I switched off mains water and drained the water tank in the attic. Replaced the shower like for like, did some air locking things as said in the manual, switched back on the mains and yet no water will come out of the shower, just a very slight trickle.

Can any one help? Maybe an airlock between the water tank and shower yet there is water coming our of the taps in the bathroom

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 seanjpm

What shower is it, make and model? Is there still power at the shower? Does the pump come on? Could be a commissioning switch or link you've missed.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭DullSpark

The shower is a mira elite se.

Ya I'm getting like 235v at the shower.

There was a thing to bleed the shower. It was a cap inside it that I had to twist until water came out of it. There is some water inside the shower unit, its just not coming when I turn it on

• Registered Users Posts: 16,882 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Draining the tank was a mistake. If no functioning valve then you should have plugged the tank.

Remove the filter. Push your finger in & push the little button on the Triton T90sr & Mira Elite SE until the spurting stops & you have a flow of water. This should purge any air from the tank to the shower. Once this is done put the filter back in & follow the commissioning procedure, bleeding the pump etc. Without the head attached to the hose, drop the hose into the tray or bath so the water can flow straight down. Turn on the shower. Turning the bottom dial slowly from cold to hot & back again may help. Leave it 5 or 10 secound on hot before going back to cold. The Elite can be a little stubborn & in rare cases we have had to siphon it to get a flow of water through the hose

• Registered Users Posts: 5 dam12

Same job for me I install new t90sr, when I bleed the pump, followed all the steps but noting no water flow and pump is not turning on, thanks

If no pump & no water then I suggest nothing wrong with the shower itself. I'd suggest it's not getting 230V (a phase tester is useless for this & can give false impression). I'd suggest a faulty isolation switch or RCBO

What was the issue with the old shower?

• Advertisement

hi Sleeper12, just died fail not pumping water and cold water. I literally just swapped it out. Im getting power to the new unit led is comming on when i pull the isolation switch.

Led doesn't need 230V to work but the shower does.

I'm sorry but your posts aren't exactly clear. You say it's not pumping water. Is the pump running? Is it making noise when turned on?

Apologies for that, no the pump is not running and no noise from the unit. Never taugh of the isolation switch🤯. As the power power light was on. Ill check that now. Appreciate the advice thanks

It's definitely not a problem with the shower itself. Most likely the old shower is working perfectly too

@Sleeper12 thanks so much, that was the problem. Fair play to you 5*

• Advertisement

If you are replacing the isolation switch yourself make sure you really tighten the terminals

Advertisement