Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish visa for Thai

Options
  • 25-03-2023 1:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

My Thai girlfriend would like to come to Ireland for a few months trial but I’m still officially married (although separated) so I’m told that she can’t apply for a girlfriend visa.

Does anyone know the easiest way for a Thai person to get an Irish visa.

Post edited by Spear on

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,164 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

We're not creating a new forum for the sake of this. Moved to a forum that's related to the topic instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭89897

She could get a 90 day tourist visa, she wont be able to work though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,416 ✭✭✭XsApollo

There is no way around it for that situation I’m afraid. She has the 90 day holiday visa she can use tho, do that a couple of times maybe.

and is there such a thing as a GF visa? I’m presuming you are living in Ireland tho?

if you have been resident in Thailand that might be a different story tho.

as for a more permanent solution outside of being a partner or married, she could look into a job as a carer/nursing home or similar and apply for a job through an agency, Ireland is really short of carers and the like.

not sure on the specifics or qualifications needed, maybe something like a Fetac level 5 or 6 to do that job, which is probably the shortest route to getting work here. If that is something that she could do or want to do.

outside of that getting a visa to work here requires a job on the critical skills list.

there is another way also to get here for a year or 2.

she can come here and study English, which can give you 8-9 months here and then can apply to another year after, can only do that twice tho.

can also work part time while doing that also.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Thairishnow

Thanks for the advice. We’re still looking into the options.

Advertisement