Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kildare Town: Where to eat?

Options
  • 24-03-2023 10:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭

I'll be in Kildare Village Retail Park / Kildare Town tomorrow with the family (wife and 3 young kids and my mother).

It's my Mother's birthday so I was looking for any suggestions as to where to eat that would be kid friendly and decent food for lunch or early dinner.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭samo

The Silken Thomas has a nice lunch menu and my go to place if in Kildare.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭WishUWereHere

Silken Thomas is a decent place to go to. Or if you are okay to drive for a lunch You could drive up the 10kms to Newbridge Silverware.

Food there is exceptional.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭walterking

National Stud has an excellent restaurant and kid friendly. - You can use the restaurant without going into the stud and enjoy the japanese gardens.

Silken is good, but quite traditional.

Newbridge silverware is not great as a location. 10km away and traffic is utter hell in the afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,718 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Silken Thomas and Harte's are both great

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

City Wok are good. The guy is Chinese who owns it and works there and when you arrive in the door he greets you, "Hello, welcome to shítty wok, may I take your order!" He says it like that as he has a strong Chinese accent. He is saying City but it sounds like shítty.

• Advertisement
Advertisement