Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flexible Mortgage protection question

Options
  • 24-03-2023 5:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

Hello

I’m looking for a mortgage protection that can allow me to change the cover amount (reduce it to be specific) in a couple of month. So if the policy was for covering for 100k mortgage, I will pay 50k in lump sum in couple of months and want to reduce the cover amount and dependently the premium

I searched around and couldn’t exactly find an answer, there is an option called conversion option but that’s if you want to extend the mortgage term or cover (which is not exactly what I’m looking for)

anyone has a clue?

Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,187 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

I've never heard of this feature.

The cover being higher than the mortgage balance may cost you in premium, but it does provide life cover.

Advertisement