Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BER & A/W Heatpump

Options
  • 24-03-2023 10:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

In advanced discussions for a secondhand house and looking for some input on the BER aspect pf teh property. I thought I had a good grasp of this but the numbers involved are far in excess of what I would have expected.

Theres a Daikin A/W HP installed in 2013 and the property was built in 2006. The HLI is 1.96 W/(K.m2) and the BER is B2 (120kWh/m2/yr). The floor area is 348m2. Is it as simple as multiplying 120 and 348 to get the electric demand which equates to 41760kWh?

I assume the BER would have accounted for the HP and it's performance. Therefore the BER should be confirming how much it takes for that HP to bring the property to the default temperatures (consisitent with all BER assessments).

It is obviously a big property with a higher end HLI for a HP but it's better than average for that era. The BER advisory states the walls and roof insulation is "Good" with no potential upgrade. There are concrete floors with UFH, and then two open fireplaces that won't be helping. I can't help but think the HP may be undersized and therefore the BER calculation has the booster activated more than it should be to make up the shortfall.

There has been difficulty in getting the HP model from the vendor and the nameplate is no longer present.

Any thoughts on this much appreciated? Especially around my interpretation of the BER score.

Advertisement