Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gardai college with young baby

Options
  • 23-03-2023 12:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi all, just wondering do they have any provisions in place for people with a young kids who are heading up to templemore? As in could you attend some lectures online maybe 1-2 days a week and go up then for other days? I have heard that is possible but not 100% that information is correct.

Answers

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭Sir Galahad

They’ve got a new crèche there. And retired female Gardai to mind the children.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 shauna970

Ok that’s obviously a joke

• Registered Users Posts: 28,803 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

You're in the college from 9am on Monday until 4pm on Friday.

Possibly need to be there on Sunday night by 11pm as well, not sure if that's changed but certainly used to be the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Jemima38

As said above you are in college 9am Monday (you don't have to return Sunday night) until 4pm Friday.. and you used to be able go home over night on a Wednesday.

I'd advise figuring out childcare because they never make exceptions for parents. Sure apply anyway.. they take so long to process applications that your child may be able look after themsleves by the time you get to Templemore 😆

I did it with a 2 year old, it's hectic but if you have help it's totally doable....don't let it put you off applying. good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 shauna970

haha Well that’s it, god knows how long it will take. yeah I have a 2 year old too, going to apply anyway and see. I got right through to the final stage 3 years ago, then found out I was pregnant. Would I be right in saying the time down in templemore has shortened in the last few years? As in weeks you’ve to spend down there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭BaronVon

33 weeks according to the information booklet

• Registered Users Posts: 14,452 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

That's total, it's broken up between the college and a station.

Advertisement