Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

parking

Options
  • 22-03-2023 5:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭

Hi, I buy a weekly ticket to park my car in carlow train station, there is a small triangle of ground ajoined carlow train station which i always assumed was irish rail property. It is beside the railway wall and beside the path. I parked my car here and there in past and there was no issue with IrishRail. I do not foul the path or council property. Today I came back and checked windows and was a ticket from carlow council. I went online and was able to see boundary lines for Irish Rails property and it includes this area of ground. The car was my wifes first of all, when I appealed it they wouldnt discuss the issue but said it was a valid ticket and wouldnt discuss the ticket, I again queried and said I was driving the car and this is my wifes car. They again affirmed that the ticket was valid and I would receive a ticket in the post, just to note I included prints to show indeed it was Irish rail property. Anyone any idea of whats going on here thanks

Comments

Provide evidence that you have paid for your parking to them and that should be the end of it, if, as you say, you can prove its IE land

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Hodges

If it's Irish Rail car parking then the council can't lawfully ticket you. Your battle now is to convince the powers that be that the agent ticketed you incorrectly. And if the council didn't entertain you then your or your spouses next step is to convince the district justice of same because it will end up in court.

A photo of the car parked at the time of asking (The warden will have taken at least one when they issued the ticket.) and an up to date folio from the PRAI showing land borders will be a boon to your defence as you need to show that their jurisdiction ended. Time chasing this all up though, your may require a solicitor to lead a defence and the day off for the court case. Worth it for the modest fine?

Advertisement