Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryanair change passenger on flight

Options
  • 22-03-2023 2:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,422 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

I was looking to reuse a holiday that I can no longer attend, by sending my parents on the trip.

It's in may and I was looking to update the passenger info and found the following in the fees:

Name Change Fee

Per Passenger

€/£115 online changes / €/£160 changes through an agent

If you self-serve online, the fee amounts to €/£115. If you contact an agent to process the change, the fee amounts to €/£160.

I tried to change the passenger details online but the Change a name dropdown menu has a continue button that is greyed out.

I was reading online and found this on a Flight change page:

Please note that the following flight details cannot be changed online, and you will need to contact us:

One or more passenger’s flight/s on a multi-passenger booking;

So at this point I'm wondering if the €115 charge is even possible to obtain? Or is this something that is done via the chatbot?

Anyone do this recently who can give me a steer?

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,200 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

Was in a similar situation before. Did you look at the current flight cost? It may be cheaper to just book the flights again rather than pay the name change fee. That's what we did in our case. Doesn't address your question but something to keep in mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,422 ✭✭✭RedXIV

As far as I understand it, if the name change applies to both legs of the journey, then it's cheaper to do the name change, but if it's a charge per leg, it makes more sense to pay for the change online for the journey out but buy new flights coming back :)

Appreciate the input!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,422 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Figured this out in case anyone comes across this again.

Because I booked through a third party, I had to go through a ryanair verification process with a 0.35c charge.

Once that was done I was able to change the names on the flights. The good news is that I could change both names for €115.

Hope this helps someone some day!

Advertisement