Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple HomeKit compatible alarm system

Options
  • 21-03-2023 9:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi Folks,

My new build is nearly finished so time to start looking for an alarm system. I'll be using Apple HomeKit for my home automation and ideally I would like an alarm system that can integrate with this. Being able to arm/disarm and receive notifications through HomeKit would be amazing.

I'd like a professionally installed system to make life a little bit easier when it comes to insurance. Only problem is, the only solutions I can find are DIY such as Abode or Yale rather than professionally installed.

Is there any installers out there that offer solutions with either native HomeKit support or support through the likes of HomeBridge, Hoobs, etc..

Hopefully there is something out there that meets my needs - but the more research I do the less likely it seems.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,533 ✭✭✭kub

When you say being able to arm/ disarm, how do you mean ?

The more convenient a Security system is, then the more farcical it is.

A professional installer cannot and should not certify a system to EN50131 if you can shout alarm on / off to something like an Alexa.

Just the same way a thief could.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭weeslip

In a similar situation, wondering if you had any luck finding a compatible alarm system

Advertisement