Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DAZN launch linear channel on Sky

Options
  • 21-03-2023 8:51pm
    Administrators Posts: 354 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭

This discussion was created from comments split from: Sports Extra (BT/Premier).
    Post edited by icdg on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Butson

Dazn coming to Sky. Channel 429 from March 23rd.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,511 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

To be clear I don’t think theres any suggestion it’ll be part of the Sports Extra pack - it’ll be available to those who sign up to the DAZN streaming service and register their viewing card number.

Apparently, in somewhat of a botched move, existing DAZN subscribers will have to cancel and resubscribe to get it. Odd.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭mike2084

Registration now open for existing customers to add to their Sky package, seems Linear TV doesn't want to go quietly into the night just yet.

https://twitter.com/DAZNBoxing/status/1638193830120902658?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭mackersdublin

DAZN has nothing to with The Sports Extra Pack though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,598 ✭✭✭roadmaster

It looks like going by media reports DAZN are throwing there hat in the ring for the premier league rights .Would the Premier League go for one provider only or could you have several packages again

I don’t think they’ll go for one provider only tbh - they’ve had great success with splitting the rights up, even though they originally only did it because they were forced to. Beforehand Sky could just bid their existing price + x to keep the rights and there was no real challenger (except PremPlus which was Sky competing with itself). Now it’s even proven that others are capable of delivering live FAPL, it keeps Sky on their toes and (aside from the last time round when the auction was scrapped in favour of a rollover for Covid reasons) its delivered the FAPL a bigger price each time.

As for DAZN, I think their best bet is that they take the package Amazon currently has, and concentrate on getting that. That said I’m not sure TNT are as dependant on the FAPL for their offering as BT may have been and Sky definitely are - they’ve quite a diversified portfolio now and have the Champions League too (albeit no longer exclusive after 2024).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭channelsurfer2

rumored to have bid for all efl tv rights also.

The EFL tender is rumoured to include the rights to all games, including 3pms. That would be an interesting one but the 3pm blackout is the FA’s (technically UEFA’s but the FA request it) so I’m not sure what makes the EFL think they can deliver an end to it. There is possibly the threat of moving all games out of the window but the fans would go mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭lertsnim

It would be no harm to have that archaic ban removed. It is an absolute nonsene these days. England and Scotland FA's are the only dinosaurs left in all of Europe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Manc-Red_

How does a subscriber to DAZN get the channel working via their Sky Viewing Card on the website?

Better Born Lucky Than Rich.

Have a read of this. I think they set deadlines and you may have missed it now.

https://www.dazn.com/en-IE/help/articles/sky-uk-existing-subscribers

Appears DAZN out of running for EFL, Sky named preferred bidder.

Ring 00 44 333 030 6000 and tell them you are an existing customer. They will add it for you pretty much instantly once your Sky details are correct.

Sky & the EFL have signed a new 5 year deal going from August 2024 to May 2029.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭fiestapower

Digging up an old thread, sorry. Can anyone answer if this channel is “streamed” or does it come via your satellite dish whenever you sign up to DAZN? Asking as I have poor internet speed.

While we don’t drag up old threads, the answer is both - you can stream it via the Dazn app but if you have a Sky sub you can watch it on the platform (channel 429) -there’s a process for giving Dazn your Sky viewing card number in order to do so.

https://www.dazn.com/en-GB/help/articles/sky-uk-existing-subscribers

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement