Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Handwriting

Options
  • 21-03-2023 7:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

How is your handwriting these days?

I used to get awards for mine…ho hum😔☺️

still get admired ( my script) that is …

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,437 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Mine has become absolutely dreadful and it was once excellent. It's down to lack of use. Everything is typed, crosswords are completed with block capitals and we hardly have a need to write anymore. Now I can struggle read a note I might right for myself, and Christmas or Birthday cards look awful if I write them. My wife still has good handwriting but she wasn't in a job where it was all keyboards for the past 30+ years.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,052 ✭✭✭✭looksee

My handwriting was never amazing, but tidy enough and legible. Learning shorthand in my teens destroyed it and like Jim, a lifetime of keyboards - typewriter then computer - finished it off.

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭Jellybaby_1

Interesting that this subject has popped up just now. Himself and myself were chatting yesterday, he had to 'write' a letter and naturally these days sat down at the computer. First thing he said was 'where does the date go?'. I said, 'where it usually goes', and he said he didn't know. So the conversation continued back and forth until eventually in frustration I said 'but surely you've written letters before?' and then he confessed he'd never written a letter in his life!!!!! I was gobsmacked. Is he the only person to live with this awful secret? How did I marry and live with a man well into our 70's and not know this?

Advertisement