Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Recommend a car

• 21-03-2023 5:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭

Hi - I am 31, childless. Live in Dublin city centre, have a parking space (but not one I can really rent out), and regularly rent cars. My OH is American and has been driving since she was 16, but needs to resit her test to get an Irish license. I haven't been insured for about 5 years now, so I think for insurance purposes I am effectively a new driver.

Can anyone recommend a car that is relatively cool, relatively inexpensive, and relatively low-stress? I keep going on carzone and trying to browse by make and model, but it's been so long since I owned a car or even really thought about cars I don't even know what I like, nevermind what are considered reliable, fashionable etc. I'd probably pay up to 15k for something if it was the right car, and I have general inclination towards the sort of hot hatch styling, but I'd consider anything car shaped (no SUVs).

Comments

Advertisement