Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend an eCommerce store-builder for a beginner.

Options
  • 16-03-2023 12:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,334 ✭✭✭

Hi all, I'm hoping to start a small mail order style business, only a few products for a niche market; the items are difficult to get here so enthusiasts like me end up searching for suppliers who'll ship small items etc etc.

I've done a little research on e-commerce builders, like Zen or Magento etc, I'm more than willing to do more research but if there's advice on offer to help me narrow my focus I'd appreciate that :) I have some basic skills having used Magento before, not creating - just updating so I'm looking for something simple to get going with that's beginner friendly if possible.

Any recommendations? Anyone to avoid?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭IRE60

Woo Commerce is 'easy' - once you read the documentation! It can be very flexible as well. You also need an SSL and a payment gateway of some sort. Gateway can be a bit fiddly, Woo commerce integrates nicely with Stripe, amongst others.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭gooseman12

shopify is one of the simplest i have come across, maybe not the most flexible or cheapest but quite easy to get started on

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭ketchupmessi63

You already got actionable tips in this thread, but I'd advise that you inspect comparison pieces like this one that stem from personal, trial-and-error experiences. As for which mistakes you should avoid, I think it's dangerously easy to start neglecting any of the three SEO pillars (technical, on-page and off-page). Especially nowadays, merely having a nice store won't net you traffic by itself since your competitors will already be working on climbing the SERP ladder. Hence, it's best to set aside some funds to be able to kickstart your DA/DR progress.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,334 ✭✭✭bladespin

Thanks, that's exactly what I'm looking for, it's very much baby steps just yet, have an idea and am looking to see if I can progress that, paddling pool not the deep end.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 rptech

I would suggest Shopify that's the easiest one. A lot of free guides on YouTube how to build your store.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 osmafarel
    Web Developer in Dubai

You are living in the Era of AI, where most of the businesses use AI website builders to create a website for free but hiring Ecommerce web developers is crucial today. There is a competition in e-commerce industry, so which is why most of the websites are not secure. By hiring a dedicated web developer for your website will make sure that it is completely functional and secure.

I can suggest you a web design company, I have worked with them, they are a professional web design agency. like aundigital.ae

• Registered Users Posts: 7,334 ✭✭✭bladespin

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,423 Mod ✭✭✭✭slade_x

It hasn't been mentioned yet even though i havent used it Squarespace is the first thing that popped into my head

https://www.squarespace.com/ecommerce-website

Free Trial & 20% Off apparently too

Advertisement