Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheltenham Festival 2023 - Day 3 - Thursday the 16th of March

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭howareyakid

1:30: Mighty Potter 4/5

2:10: Hector Javilex 16/1 e/w

2:50: Blue Lord 5/1 e/w

3:30: Teahupoo 7/2

4:10: Midnight River 8/1 e/w NAP

4:50: Jetara 22/1 e/w 

5:30: Fontaine Collonges 22/1 e/w

1:30: Going to try and keep this fairly simple here. MIGHTY POTTER is the best horse in the race, the vibes from the stable seem to be very strong on him, I don’t think the ground will be too much of a concern and overall he seems a fairly solid favourite and hopefully one that will get the punters off to a good start. The only real question mark is his poor run in the Supreme here last year. 

2:10: Very tricky looking handicap as always. The Bosses Oscar is interesting on possibly a more workable mark than when pulled up in the Coral Cup last year. He has finished second in this 2021. However the first string from Gordon Elliott still seems to be Maxxum who did have an excuse for his poor Leopardstown run last time so he might bounce back here. I’m going to end up taking a chance on HECTOR JAVILEX who won well over course and distance in a handicap here in January on soft ground. This is much stronger so not sure if the horse is good enough but I’ll take a chance at 16/1 in a race I’m really struggling with! 

2:50: BLUE LORD had been running very well over 2 miles until his big disappointment at odds on last time out. Over this longer trip, I think he could go well, and if Shishkin is in the same form as he was here last year, I think this horse is best placed to pick up the pieces. Hard to see him not in contention regardless, so I think backing him each way against the favourite could be the best angle into this race from a betting point of view. 

3:30: This is another race I usually find very hard to read. I have never backed Flooring Porter for some reason, and that’s not going to change tomorrow, as I feel everything is falling into place for TEAHUPOO. Hard to be too bullish again, but if you excuse his disappointing run in the Champion Hurdle here last year, he probably has the best form this year beating Klassical Dream and Honeyscukle in the Hatton’s Grace. He should relish the challenging conditions, so I’m going to side with him.

4:10: I feel the English horses have the best chance in this race. I came down to a few of them that seem very evenly matched on ratings but eventually settled on MIDNIGHT RIVER for the Skeltons. He won over course and distance on New Year’s Day on soft after finishing a good third, also at Cheltenham, in November. I feel he fits the profile of a horse who can go close in this race, so he gets my vote.

4:50: Luccia could prove to be a cut above these, but the English novices’ poor form has put me off here a bit, and the Irish horse may well prove to be a lot closer to her than ratings may suggest. JETARA has run very well behind High Definition and Ashroe Diamond in her two hurdle runs to date, and while she remains a maiden, I feel her price of 22/1 seems a bit big when you consider how impressively this form appears to read so I hope she may have an each way chance for Jessica Harrington. Again, seems a really competitive race and loads of potential stories with Princess Zoe in there for Tony Mullins, and the connection with the De Bromheads with it being named after the late Jack.

5:30: FONTAINE COLLONGES won over 3 miles on soft ground at Haydock earlier on this season, and he is trained by Venetia Williams who trained the winner of this race last year, so at 22/1 I hope he may have an each way chance against some of the more fancied Irish runners at the top of the market. 

GL all for Day 3!

Post edited by howareyakid on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭gazza1

Turners......Balco Coastal ew

Pertemps....Salvador Ziggy ew

Ryanair........Janidil ew

Stayers........Flooring Porter

Plate........... Frero Banbou ew

Mares NH....Magical Zoe

Kim Muir......Stumptown

BOL

• Registered Users Posts: 6,080 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

13:30-Mighty Porter with my PP freebet. Stage star with cash.

14:10-Maxxum

14:50- Shishkin

15:30- Flooring porter

16:10- Haut en Couleurs

16:50- Foxy Girl

17:30-Mr Incredible

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭muloc

2.50 Blue Lord

3.30 Klassical dream

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭TipsyMcStagge

13.30: Appreciate It

14.10: Bosses Oscar

14.50 Blue lord

15.30 Blazing Khal

16.10 Frero Banbou

16.50 Princess Zoe

17.30 Dunboyne

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,060 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Did an e/w Accum with my PP free bet:

1.30: Appreciate It

2.10: Maxxum

2.50: Shiskin

3.30: Klassical Dream

• Registered Users Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭Xander10

Maybe Davy should have stayed in retirement

• Registered Users Posts: 11,060 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Well feck that for a bag of chips.

I go again tomorrow

Blanket finish there! Ground definitely seems to be drying out. Might not be good news for Teahupoo…

• Registered Users Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭Xander10

I thought the ground looked tacky enough. The winner and placed horses all came late from the back

• Advertisement

Wow Envoi Allen! Take a bow Rachael again and HBD! His horses are in great form.

Next race is just so unpredictable. Finding it hard to be confident in Teahupoo though for some reason!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭SonOfGoat

3.10 Hexham, vandemere, just over 11/10. This won't win here in my opinion,and my best of the day.

3.30 Cheltenham, blazing khal, around 4/1.... Ew on this, don't like the fav teahupoo.

Datsalroghtgino being backed for the Plate Handicap now, into 11/2. His form beging Stage Star was given a great boost in the Turners!

The 4.10 is very trappy and looks like anything could win it.

I dont like the fav here, so Scottish. Has a good win history but has never been knocked about, but that will change here. I can't see it being in the first 5... So I'll lay 5 places @ around 11/10 give or take.

4.50 Cheltenham, Luccia, currently around 15/8 or 2/1... I actually think this is value. There is nothing much in the race, and barring any crazy incidents, Luccia really should win here in my opinion. I've had a few quid win.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭Lucy8080

I've done these two E.W. in the hopefully lucky last (5 places).

Angels Dawn 10/1

Dr. Kananga 22/1

Another tough day!!

Cheltenham only comes around once a year, though, so one simply has to stay positive and give it one more go!

Advertisement