Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LVP for a new build and question about floor leveling

Options
  • 14-03-2023 11:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

I am in the process of moving into a new home soon and have been considering the flooring options. Originally, I had planned to install laminate on the second floor and LVP on the first floor. However, my concern about sound transfer between floors led me to change my plan to use LVP for the entire house. I am considering

1. LVP that is at least 7mm thick (with or without attached underlay)
    2. Vapour barrier
    3. Cork underlay that is also at least 7mm thick to provide good soundproofing.

Regarding the installation, I am aware that LVP requires a level floor, which may be costly to achieve. I am wondering if it is the builder's responsibility to ensure that the floor is properly leveled if it is found to be uneven.

Is my flooring plan viable or would it be more appropriate to consider laminate for the second floor?

I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts on this.

Advertisement