Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spotify hardware solution

Options
  • 14-03-2023 4:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,959 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Want to encourage my kids to listen to music but without using their phones.

I have limited the screen time every day - to control phone usage but this means it's harder to listen to music.

Is there any other good device that might help here?

Alexa - you can't really browse. I'd love a hardware device which just showed you a spotify screen.

Anything like this about?

Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭Tech_Head

Am more familiar with iOS devices but you could use something like Guided Access on an older device or iPad. This lets you restrict access to a certain app, requiring a PIN code to exit it.

https://support.apple.com/guide/iphone/guided-access-iph7fad0d10/ios

Other users may be able to tell you if Android has something similar.

Is the browsing more for you or them? They may find an Alexa device works fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Count Dracula

You can borrow my decks for 6 months if you like.

Get them scratching like Mec the master.

They should technically be mixing Spandau Ballet and the 4 of Us and the Saw Doctors with some bucks Fizz , Iron Maiden and Culture Club.

throw their phones away, pm me on the decks.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,959 ✭✭✭Tim Robbins

Funny you mention that. I have the younger lad (age 10) on a Roland SH 101 clone making patches.

Advertisement