Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

March €200 government credit

Options
  • 14-03-2023 1:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I've never ever had so much difficulty dealing with a situation in my life. is anyone in the same boat?

I moved from Electric Ireland to PrePayPower on the last week of February 2023, (I changed because it is IMPOSSIBLE to get through to Electric Ireland on the phone, they are probably the worst company I've dealt with in my life and I have worked in Customer Service in numerous companies) I moved providers the week the March government credit was being issued. Somehow because I changed on that week, I am not eligible to receive this credit from either of them? It is now March 14th and I still have not received this March credit. I have chased both companies for 3 weeks now to try avail of this credit, they both advised me to contact ESB for ESB to confirm who needs to supply this to me. That was fine I contacted ESB, I thought this would have been the last thing I had to do as I thought ESB were the bosses in this country regarding electricity and they could basically give me it in writing that EI need to supply this, but no, all they could advise me it is Electric Ireland that should be giving it to me as I was their member on the day it was officially issued. They could not contact them for me/ or give it to me in writing that it should come from them, nothing. I contact EI to tell them they need to supply it to me as ESB have confirmed, they have refused and said I was not a member of their company on the day it was issued. I contacted my current supplier PPP they have also confirmed once again it is not coming from them either. Today I contacted the CRU at a last resort. I got a woman on the phone that had absolutely no interest in taking my call, she sounded like an automated response she was that disinterested, I told her the issue, she basically interrupted me 4 times and started reading out the complaints process. She told me to open a complaint with EI and if they don't resolve it within 90 days then they can look at it, 90 days??? So I may not get my March government credit until June/July 2023??? I might not even still live at the property then?? I'm not usually one to be a 'moan' about things but I have never made so many phones calls and been treated so badly as a customer in my life. This country has very little good companies left regarding customer service, nobody gives a sh** they just want you off the phone.

Has anyone had this issue? I feel like paying electricity without the help of these credits at the moment is impossible

Thanks,

Megan

Post edited by Spear on

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,094 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Moved to a forum that's actually related to the topic instead.

Advertisement