Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need help finding a reliable electrician

Options
  • 14-03-2023 3:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 37

I currently live in Ashbourne.Meath and for the life of me I have been unable to find an electrician to do some work in my house. Since mid January I contact an electrician, I explain the work required and they tell me sure, very interested, will come over during the week then... nothing. When I call them to enquire about a visit, it's "oh I'm busy" or some other spiel and they'll come over next week, and you guessed it... nothing.

I have tried 4 electricians now and I don't know what the hell is going on anymore. I'm starting to think I've been blocklisted by the guild of electricians Ireland.

So now I'll try my luck with boards and perhaps someone here can recommend an reliable electrician who shows when they say they will. The work I require is not changing lightbulbs or something silly. The time spent by the electrician will be profitable for them.

Please help?

Comments

I was looking for a plumber to do a smallish job in my place, I ended up downloading the YourPro app, where you can list a job. Tradespeople who are interested in the work will respond and commit to it, had a very good experience using it.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 AvalonEnaid

Thanks for this. I finally got an electrician to come through.

Post edited by Boards.ie: Paul on

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,546 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

This is a consequence of everyone that leaves school believing that they must have a degree in something in order to “succeed” in life. They feel that this is the case regardless of how useless the degree is.

Almost nobody is doing a trade despite the opportunity to make a very good living, in many cases earning more than those that have a degree.

Advertisement