Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I switch insurers before the existing insurance expires?

Options
  • 13-03-2023 5:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone,

I have an issue with Allianz. They list my car's model totally wrong.

They refuse to change it, they say the reg matches the model.

Not true, both the VRT cert and Log book has the model correctly.

Not only that, but the model they listed does not exist anywhere on the planet.

I entered my reg into Aviva's web site and lists the car correctly.

I just want to change to Aviva and have valid insurance at this point...

I don't want to wait months until my insurance with Allianz expires as they insure some non-existent fantasy car.

How can I do that please?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,389 ✭✭✭cml387

You can cancel the policy. You might get some money back.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,362 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

OP, why don't you just write Allianz a lettter, state the exact model and point out that your policy won't recognise it. Include a scan of the vehicle cert, showing the make and model. What you need is something on your customer file to say the exact model no. Then, if there is a claim, you have it on record that you have given them the correct details.

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭xboxdad

I already have it on record. That's how I started. ...but then they responded and said they don't need that info as the reg matches the info they already have - and if I want any amendments to that, I need to get the original registration of the vehicle corrected. ...but that has the correct make/model already, so it's a never ending loop with these ppl.

Advertisement