Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

7-eleven in Mulhuddart village back in the day

Options
  • 13-03-2023 12:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,785 ✭✭✭

Just saw a news item that the mastermind behind 7-elevens success passed away today , and it reminded me that there used to be a 7-eleven in Mulhuddart Village many years. Where Giulios chipper is now .

Anyone in the area long enough to remember it , or is it just me ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Nolimits

I just about remember it, it left when I was still pretty young. My biggest memory of it was when I went down there with a neighbour and I saw a man snatch a woman's purse and run right past us.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,005 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Yes I remember this! In the summer my friends and I would walk down to get a slushie...the luxury! 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 4,785 ✭✭✭thomasj

😂 brings back memories!

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭Jebus Diced

I remember there was an armed robbery in 7 - eleven and the Garda turned up during the robbery and a stand off/siege went on for about 12 hours... I tried to Google it but couldn't find anything... The shop used to be called Genalles newsagents before 7 - eleven took it over.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,785 ✭✭✭thomasj

I never knew that , don't even remember Gleneales newsagents. Good to know. It was a good spot back in the day for kids

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭Jebus Diced

Advertisement