Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CPI Increase vodafone

Options
  • 11-03-2023 6:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭

Did anyone else get a text about vodafone increasing prices because of the CPI? I signed up in store and nothing was said to me , but it is in the fine print. 11% increase is annoying. Is there anyway to get it removed, has anyone else had success?

Contract Notification: As per your contract for service XXXXXXXXXX, from April 2023 your annual price adjustment will take effect. The adjustment this year, allowing for changes in the Consumer Price Index rate and ongoing investments we make in our mobile network, products and services, means your monthly price plan charge will increase by a total of 11.2%. The adjustment is calculated based on your monthly price plan charge excluding any discounts applied. For full information visit www.vodafone.ie/annualpriceadjustment

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,481 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

There are a few threads on this. It's in the terms and on every advertisement. Not much you can do now,

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭windowcills

Its clearly advertised but its depressing, i was looking at all phone plans by all providers reciently, you would have to have too much money to consider anything other then gomo,

unlimited everything for e15

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

Am I getting this right- we can expect an increase based CPI plus their own increases every April going forward?! WTF?! They don’t even offer the full functionality for wifi calling e.g. not available if roaming unlike GOMO (Eir), no visual voicemail or eSIM for Apple Watch!!! 🤬🤬🤬

• Registered Users Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭Glaceon

All of the main networks are doing this now, you have to go to the MVNOs to avoid it. It’s one of the reasons why I’m holding on to an old Vodafone price plan, this increase only applies to contracts after a certain date.

Any reason why all of a sudden all networks are doing this? Were they loss making before or something? I presume the price plans will increase anyway then this increase also?! It’s like VRT and VAT on new cars!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭rhinosaurious

It's just pure gouging and greed, I'll probably be switching to Tesco Mobile because they sell bill-pay phones and sim-only plans without any increases, the only company in Ireland at the moment to not have any increases, it's a joke. Vodafone absolutely will not budge to remove the increases either, tried every avenue.

Mental altogether. I’m on the top bill pay plan and pay insurance too. Now I do get the affinity discount as well but still.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭GIMP

I have moved one of my accounts from e60per month to payg 30e per month virtually the same plan but reduced Eu roaming allowance which I can live with. At least the annual increase doesn't apply to payg Its on auto topup and has worked very well the past 9 months.

Vodafone really are gouging people with these cpi increases, I have been on bill pay since 1998 with all the main providers and will move my second account when I am out of contract in May.

I know it is a joke. I would switch to PAYG if I was able to get out of contract. Just curious, who would you be switching to?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,407 ✭✭✭✭kippy

People should shop around and perhaps consider ditching the big names.

GoMo, 48, Lyca,Tesco (and probably more) offer better value monthly pricing than the bigger names.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

What other providers use the Vodafone network, I got that message also and would like to move, but stay on the Vodafone network as they have the best coverage

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭GIMP

I stayed with Vodafone but went payg, I tried Gomo but they were a disaster poor indoor coverage and they had a massive outage for 2 days during the couple of weeks I trialling them!

An Post use Vodafone but with no 5G. Clear Mobile is Vodafone's budget segment but don't bother with them either because they have a 5Mb speed restriction.

A Post is really the only option. (Or PAYG vodafone) Clear has speeds capped at 5 megs.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I'm with postmobile, same reception as my work VF. Data has longer ping time but data speeds are same. you get 31days on auto topup. Plus you get 25Gb eu/UK roaming

Update - I left for 48.ie. Great service.

You'd think that the churn rates from introducing such a price increase would be significant? It really makes it seem like the networks don't care about existing business, they just want new business.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

Sky Mobile should be launching at some time in 2023 on the Vodafone network

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭never_mind

Hi all,

found this thread when my bill went up by ten euro. I didn’t get a text to notify me and called them to complain. They wouldn’t give me the email to submit a formal complaint so I found it online. After emailing back and forth with them, they credited my bill pay account by 110 euro which is basically the increase involved for the rest of my contract.

this is a ridiculous thing to do to customers. Recommend that you all complain and try get the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

i didn't realise that CPI is on the undiscounted rate. If you have a contract on a discounted rate e.g. 50 but you're paying 30, the CPI increase it based on the 50. Sneaky

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

Eirs CPI increase is on the undiscounted rate too but they at least capped it at 8%. Not sure about how Three do it- do they discount rates or do they just charge the base rate + CPI? Avoiding changing my current Vodafone plan to unlimited because to me it feels like price gouging considering the quality of the network in the last few months.

Same as. I have one of the original €9.99 GoMo SIMs in my laptop as a 4G backup, I'm tempted to port my number over to it but knowing that I can't go back is putting me off for the moment.

This is an unbelievable increase on mobile/fixed line utilities! Nothing that quango Comreg or any other “state body” can do I take it?!

Username checks out. 😉 CCPC could do something about it. I read an article recently which said that it could be seen as informing competitors that you intend to raise prices, which is illegal in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭Mav11

I had reason to contact the CCCP recently on a different matter. Absolutely useless organisation, so I wouldn't be waiting for them to do anything!

Advertisement