Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

John Fogerty 3Arena 23rd May 2023

Options
  • 11-03-2023 10:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 37,912 ✭✭✭✭

The legendary John Fogerty has announced a headline show as part of the upcoming 'Bad Moon Rising Celebration' Tour on May 23rd at Dublin's 3Arena🎸

Tickets go on sale this Tuesday at 9am🎫

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,912 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

----

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭mondeoman72

Wow. I want. Pity Steve Miller not with him this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Presale

If you're getting seats it's probably worth checking both links, they often have different allocations so one may have better seats than the other

https://www.ticketmaster.ie/john-fogerty-dublin-23-05-2023/event/18005E68DAC68254?did=artpre

https://www.ticketmaster.ie/john-fogerty-dublin-23-05-2023/event/18005E68DAC68254?did=prompre

Got one of the cheap seats in Block G

Tbh view should be decent enough, can always try my luck and move if not ha

• Registered Users Posts: 6,914 ✭✭✭furiousox

Got a presale seat in Block E, came in at 120 quid all in.

I wasn't sure I'd ever get the chance to see him again.

He put on a hell of a show last time (2018?) to a packed and enthusiastic audience.

I found Steve Miller to be slightly bland that night tbh, although he does have some classic tunes (and Les Paul was his godfather!)

Anyway, legendary artists like Fogerty won't be around for much longer so really looking forward to this one.

CPL 593H

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭1huge1

Sweet, just got 2 standing tickets (around €100 each), not sure if there was any need to be standing at this kind of gig but wasn't overly keen on the seats what were available in the pre sale.

As mentioned above, the man is a living legend and not too many opportunities like this arise.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭Wooderson

The craic with his kids the last time was shite.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,674 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

They're opening this time. Steve Miller Band they are not.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Did CCR ever play Ireland ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

• Registered Users Posts: 39 dublingreen

Standing section appears smaller than usual? Should be a great gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,674 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

It's the small standing area configuration, with tiered seats down to the floor.

They had the same setup the last time he played.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,423 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Just looked up the gigography and it seems they've never played Ireland, only the John Fogerty gig in 2017 and the one up coming.

https://www.concertarchives.org/bands/creedence-clearwater-revival?page=1#concert-table

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Got one of the cheap seats in Block G row 7 in the last block. I'm guessing I won't see the big screen ??

Was in Block A for Rod Stewart last November and the view was very good. Took this pic

• Registered Users Posts: 10,286 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

WTF !!?? 😮

You paid money to sit there !??! Thats horrendous.... Shur you cant see anything from that angle.......

No way would i sit there.. Sorry.

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

Nah didnt pay for a ticket there, just went in to see what the view was like for curiosity on the way out

lots of tickets still avaialbe for this and hopefully might get an upgrade from my corner Block G seat

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭interlocked

I was looking at the back of one of CCR complete hits compilation.

They had an amazing run in two years in 1969 and 1970

They had four albums that made the top 5 in the States.

They had five singles that reached Number 2 (including two A sides) and 2 other A sides that made the top 5 in the US charts in those years, yet never had a Number 1.

They had one more top 10 in 1971, and that was basically it. The band imploded the following year and never reformed.

Fogerty was brilliant but "difficult"

Still I've no doubt, it'll be a great show. Some catalogue of tunes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭ollaetta

They were already imploding by the time of that concert tour in 1971. Tom Fogerty had bailed out and while they did the tour as a trio John's relationship with Cook and Clifford was fractious to say the least. There's a good documentary about the group on Netflix.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Danny2580

Any standing tickets left for this, or am I just going to the wrong part of the ticketmaster site?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 killianae3

If anyone has a spare standing ticket available I'd gladly pay them for it. I want to go with my brother but he was away when the tickets went on sale an missed getting at standing ticket with me. I'd really really like to get him one!

Cheaped out and got a 'cheap seat' (Block G row 7)

What are the chances of getting an upgrade on the night ?, i know if i do it on Ticketmaster i might get a refund on my oringal ticket

• Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭ec18

am i being stupid on the ticketmaster site or is it only platinum priced tickets left?

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭Stewball

What's the best way of re-selling a single seated ticket?

Looks like I'm not going to be able to make it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,423 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,681 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

I see loads of regular tickets, (70.50 euro) seating ... make sure you haven't got the filter on for platinum only. Also, I'm using the Android app.

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭mondeoman72

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

Toutless is great, a solid community and reliable. Granted I'm not sure what the demand is like for this one.

There was shed loads of tickets left when they went on sale and yet Ticketmaster / Live Nation weighed in with platinum market driven priced tickets. Absolute gougers who are sucking the life outta fun!

I love CCR and Fogerty, absolute rock and roll hero! The platinum priced **** makes me sick though!

• Advertisement

Bruce Tonight made me more excited for this gig now if that's possible ha

Advertisement